HARRISBURG, N.C. (January 23, 2019) – For a quarter century, JTG Daugherty Racing has been admired as a NASCAR team that is progressing in developing the sponsorship program. The team today announced a revolutionary new NASCAR sponsorship strategy that will focus on buyer issues and help participating brands communicate more effectively with consumers. The goal: to significantly increase the sales of the sponsoring brands and Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR).
Kroger pickup, delivery, shipping
The entry no. 47 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, driven this year by Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender Ryan Preece, will highlight and promote Kroger’s new shopping and delivery options. Kroger’s expanded services enable shoppers to order groceries online for curbside pick-up, delivery from a nearby Kroger store in The Houses, and ship-to-door service from anywhere in the country.
“I can not imagine a better team to start my career in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series,” said Preece. “Kroger’s new services make it easy to access Kroger food everywhere, and are available to racing fans across the country, and I look forward to starting the season with JTG Daugherty Racing, and I’m proud to announce the Kroger pickup, delivery and delivery program Ship services on our # 47 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 present this season. “
Seven topics of sponsorship
The launch of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 37th place returns with Chris Buescher behind the wheel. In previous seasons, the team had numerous brands that turned from race to race on the hood, making it difficult for a particular brand to consistently communicate with the racing fans. In 2019, the team will highlight shoppers’ issues throughout the season, enabling brand groups to communicate with fans when they are most likely to focus on specific buying events. The unique approach will include seven themes presented on the hood for consecutive weeks at a time:
- Flavor Fill Up: The month of March focuses on when sporting events like the NCAA Basketball Tournament promote a snack event and when Kroger highlights the National Frozen Foods Month. Company partners include Unilever, Kraft-Heinz, Conagra, General Mills and Kellogg’s.
- Speedup Your Cleanup: April will highlight the spring cleaning season, with shoppers focusing on purchasing from corporate partners such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble and Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Personal Pit Stop: Personal health brands will be in focus in May with Procter & Gamble and Unilever business partners.
- Thrill of the Grill: June and July underscore the love of summer barbecueing with relevant brands from Clorox, Unilever, Kraft-Heinz, General Mills, BUSH’S Beans and Southeastern Mills.
- Quick Start: The theme will be during back-to-school timing as families stock up on partner products for their timetable and new school year changes.
- Fast Lane to Flavor: focuses on healthy family meals on the go with brands from General Mills, BUSH’S Beans, Clorox and Conagra.
- Simmer Like a winner: When the weather gets cooler, fans will enjoy their top recipes with brands from BUSH’S Beans, Kraft, ConAgra and General Mills.
“I’m delighted to present our brands this season on the No. 37 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 in a truly unique marketing approach,” said Buescher. “JTG Daugherty Racing has always pursued a unique sponsorship strategy, and that only reinforces it as we enter the New Year with our brands, and I look forward to winning races and selling cases in 2019.”
To bring the entire program to life and to facilitate communication between NASCAR fans and Kroger.com, the team is also introducing groundbreaking mobile technology. All JTG Daugherty Racing advertisements during each month during the season will encourage buyers to text a keyword that directs fans to funny tips, sweepstakes and Kroger savings for the brands highlighted by the buyer themes.
“We’re fortunate enough to work with retail innovators every day,” said Tad Geschickter, team owner of JTG Daugherty Racing. “I am delighted with the new marketing plan we have developed together, and I know that this new approach will allow for a great deal of collaboration with our NASCAR fans and positive sales results for Kroger and our brand partners, and I can not wait to see it all It’s timely to win races and sell cases in 2019. “
JTG Daugherty Racing will race the No. 47 Kroger Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and the No. 37 Kleenex Wet Wipes Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 at the Daytona International Speedway for the DAYTONA 500 on Sunday, February 17 at 2:30 pm ET on FOX and SiriusXM NASCAR radio.